Thursday 24 April 2014

Gracey completed!

Phew...


It's finished! Well, actually it has been for a while now! I've just been rubbish at blogging about it! This is going to be a very picture heavy post, but I'm sure you'd rather see photo's than read! 



I used Aneela Hoey's gorgeous line, Posy, to make this pretty, girly quilt for a friend's new(ish) baby girl! I love the soft colours and the sweet drawings.



I hand embroidered the name on front. Although it's pretty simple really, I did use a tutorial from Sarah at Fairy Face Designs for some tips. I love how it adds a really personal touch...plus it's super relaxing to do in front of the tv!








I quilted all over with a loop pattern which is fun to do and a bit more interesting than a simple stipple!







I love the candy cane binding. I definitely see more of this in future quilts!



The backing for this little quilt was a no brainer. I used this cute fabric from the Posy line. There is so much to see and find in this design...I love it! 

So, there you go. Gracey's quilt is officially in South Africa waiting to be collected by it's new owner. I can't wait to go over and meet her myself soon!


Thanks for stopping by.

Lisa x

1 comment:

  1. The new owner of Graceys quilt is thrilled! Thank you Lise for the best baby gift ever! I love you for thinking of us and love the design. You are genius my friend!

    ReplyDelete