Thursday 3 October 2013

Gracey

Gracey is a special little person who I haven't met yet. She is the new baby of a good friend of mine and my best friend's brother! 

When she was born, I was super excited! I have 2 boys, most of my friends have boys and most of the memory quilts I've made have been for boys! So the fact that there was a new girl on the block (even if that block is in faraway South Africa) was exciting cos it meant I could make something pretty! 



I had a few Posy mini charm packs sitting in my stash and knew they were the perfect choice! I love all the colourways and prints.


I have stitched them into a simple checkerboard design and added a panel with her name embroidered onto it. I used Sarah over at FairyFace Design's tutorial for some great tips on hand embroidering and love the extra something special it brings to a quilt.


All I have to do now is add the sashing and baste, bind and quilt it. Hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks.



Thanks for stopping by, 

Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment