Monday 5 August 2013

Octonauts T-shirt


So, my first born turned 4 last month! F-O-U-R!! Seriously! That is ridiculous! Anyway, he wanted an Octonauts themed birthday party...what self-respecting 4 year old boy wouldn't right!? 

So Mom set to work! The first thing I did was delegate the cake making to my very talented friend who came up with this! How amazing is that!?


I spent the weeks before wondering what I could do instead of the usual party bag business...I really begrudge having to spend money on rubbish that (lets be honest here) most kids look at for about 3 seconds and then never touch again! 

So I hit Pinterest! And found a brilliant tutorial for making t-shirt designs. 

Alas, I can't find the link now ('cos I'd like to give credit where credit is due), but I'll do my best to show you how it's done!

It really is very simple. All you need is a t-shirt, some freezer paper, some fabric paint, a sponge or roller and an iron.

You start by tracing your design onto the freezer paper and cutting it out. I used a blade for this. 



Then, iron your template onto the t-shirt wax side down.


Grab your fabric paint and paint over your template. Make sure you put something in between the layers of the t-shirt to stop any paint seeping through.


Leave these to dry for the time specified on your paint. Add another layer of paint if necessary.

When the paint is dry, pull off all bits of freezer paper, leaving your design! The fabric paint I used required that you press the paint with a hot iron to finish off.

And ta-daaaaa...a gorgeous party favour! The kids loved them!






No comments:

Post a Comment